Formation for leadership and apostolate
He who does not live to serve does not serve to live
Social participation and apostolate
We educate our students in servant leadership, so that through their education and their profession they feel committed to the good of the society to which they belong.
We help them to discover through experience that there is more joy in giving than in receiving, and thus to commit themselves to the good of others. It is not only a question of wanting to encourage in our students a spirit of service and helping others, but also of making them aware of the delicate situations that many people around them live in and choose to be responsible citizens who are determined to work for a fairer world.
With this in mind, our pupils participate in social projects adapted to their age from Pre-school to Higher Secondary, which foster their sensitivity to the needs of others and give them the transforming experience of serving the most disadvantaged in our society.
Frente a la cultura del descarte (Papa Francisco), cultura del compromiso social y el amor cristiano
SANTA ISABEL SOLIDARITY
The entire RMSI educational community unites strongly under the slogan “Santa Isabel Solidario” in favour of those most in need. To this end, it programmes all kinds of actions throughout the school year in which students, parents and staff get involved.
Of particular note are the collections of basic necessities that take place periodically, especially at the time of Santa Isabel and Christmas, in which the entire educational community generously participates.
In addition, with the help of the delegate couples, each year group sponsors an institution and different activities are programmed during the year. Depending on the age of the pupils, the involvement of the pupils will be greater.
These activities involve both material aid and awareness-raising through activities in old people’s homes, centres for the disabled, soup kitchens and parishes.
The ultimate goal is to provide all students with opportunities to love and serve others following the example of Jesus.
The projects in which we collaborate are:
- Help for disadvantaged people and/or those at risk of social exclusion: Caritas, Hermanitas de los Pobres, Centre d’Acollida Assís, Mª Auxiliadora Parish, Cottolengo Padre Alegre, Santa Gema, San Sebastián Parish,
- Accompaniment of the elderly: Sanitas Centres for the elderly, Residència Betània, Residència Sant Ignasi de Loyola, St. Gervasi Residencial, SARquavitae Regina, Casa de Familia, Mas Anglí, DomusVi, etc.
- Support for pro-life projects: Provida, Maternity, Hogar de María, Casa Guadalupe, Llar Santa Isabel i Residència Madre Teresa, etc.
- Collaboration with centres for the intellectually disabled: Fundació Canigó, Fundació Boscana, Fundació Finestrelles, etc.
- Aid to developing countries: Vis Foundation (construction of new classrooms for a school in Nigeria), Streets of India.