7.7 Average grade in English
33 From schooling in English
100 Of our students study at the universities of their choice
Our pupils finish their schooling with a good command of our three languages (Catalan, Spanish and English) and with the necessary preparation to function in a globalised world.
We educate multilingual students who are prepared to function in our globalised world. Our international model is designed to educate our students as responsible, active, well-informed and communicative members of the global community.
With that goal in mind, we organise our internationalisation model around four main pillars:
- Language teaching. We prepare students for:
- Primary: KET (A2)
- Lower secondary: FCE (B2)
- Upper secondary: (C1/C2)
- Academic training in the foreign language:
- Pre-school: 50% English / 50% Spanish
- Primary: 50% English / 50% Spanish.
- Lower secondary: 40% English / 60% Spanish.
- Upper secondary: 100% Spanish with further development of English as a subject.
- International experiences at the school alongside our native teachers: Debating Competitions, International writing contests, European Youth Parliament…
- International experiences overseas: United States, Ireland and Switzerland.
“Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom“
We prepare multilingual students. To do so, we have outstanding specialists and a personalised language accreditation system.
Our school has been accredited as a Cambridge English Assessment examination centre and our students achieve excellent results year after year.
Our students achieve A2/B1+ level when finishing Primary and finish Upper secondary with C1/C2 level.
We offer French and German as language options during secondary education.
Learning in Languages
“One language sets you in a corridor for life; two languages open every door along the way”.
We do not settle for our students to only be able to express themselves fluently in English but rather aspire to ensure they think for themselves in that language and also assimilate the basic aspects of English-speaking culture.
Besides acquiring English language skills, the CLIL (content language integrated learning) method helps our students to think, reason and learn in a foreign language through content from other subjects in our curriculum including: Science & Art (primary), History (lower secondary).
Our secondary students can also choose to study the American Dual Baccalaureate; an innovative high-quality programme that will allow our students to obtain the US High School Diploma while studying the Spanish curriculum, gaining the best levels of competency that will differentiate them from others and will help them face such a globalised and hugely competitive labour market as the one we have today.
Every aspect of the training provided to our students (positive discipline, emotional education, public speaking, projects) is taught both in English and in Spanish/Catalan.
International Experiences within the school
Internationalisation is part of our school’s strategic plan; to this end, each year we expand the range of educational activities that support the international curriculum and language teaching, thus having a complete proposal with which to achieve our goal: global students and leaders of positive action.
- International faculty with international teaching experience and international qualifications
- Collaboration with organisations specialising in international training
- European Youth Parliament
- Public Speech (debates, oratory)
- English Concerts / Theatre
International experiences abroad
“Pour bien aimer un pays il faut le manger, le boire et l’entendre chanter”
The school encourages and supports students who wish to have an experience abroad with a variety of options:
- Our own Regnum Christi academies abroad: Oak Academies (USA, Ireland, Switzerland) where pupils have various options from a term, school year or “summer camp“. (http://www.oakinternational.org/es/)
- Participation in specific programmes such as the European Youth Parliament which allow our students to have the opportunity to attend international events.